Wildest dreams… Ooh ooh… ♬
[Excerpt from Taylor Swift’s song Wildest Dreams]
Make up Product List
1. Clinique Colour Surge Eyeshadow Quad
(gift from a relative; more or less $25-30 at stores)
Colors from left to right and where to apply:
-single shade from blushing nude trio (center of eyelid, lower part of eyebrow’s arch)
-single shade from pink chocolate quad (inner lower lash line)
-stone violet stay matte (outer lid)
– chocolate chip stay matte (outer crease)
2. CNA Fashion Accessories 3W Clinic Lipliner Pencil #07 Php80
-deep purple lip liner
3. Nichido Eye Contour Pencil Blackest Black Php80
-used to tightline my eyes in this look
4. Nichido Eye Contour Pencil Deep Blonde Php80
-used for the eyebrows
5. EO Contact Lenses Flexwear Illusions Slate Gray with grade 2.0 L & R Php790
(Though, my recent grade is 2.5 each already)
-because I’m blind if I don’t put them
- If you have thin lips just like mine and wants to achieve a pouty one, lip liner is what you need. Just outline your lips with an offset of 1mm outside from the real border of your lips (Am I speaking of architectural stuff here? lol) Then fill it all out.
- Top with a lip gloss or lipstick of the same color if you like it glossy, or pat loose powder if you like it matte.
- Outline with concealer and soften it out for more defined lips.
- You may opt to use foundation and concealer for an even flawless skin; highlight your forehead & cheeks; and contour the temples, nose line, cheek hollows, and jaw line.
- Add fake eyelashes to make your eyes look bigger.
You don’t underestimate the power of make up.
Lolane Pixxel Color Cream Very Light Ash Blonde Php129
- For shoulder hair length, I recommend you to use 4-5 boxes of this product to fully cover your entire hair and for richer color. In my case, I only used 3 boxes thinking it would be enough, though at the very start, the sales lady told me to buy 4 boxes. (Sorry for not following your instructions, ma’am! Stubborn me.) Hence, what happened was we got short for my hair roots! So, the hair expert did her best to maximize the remaining product to cover the said part — resulting to a raw yellowish color, a bit far from the greyish/whitish brown color of my hair from the middle to the ends.
- If you can tolerate the pain, or if you could find a better hair bleaching product (mentholated), it is best advised to bleach your hair to the lightest shade or white to really achieve the color you will be applying next.
Hair Coloring Procedure
Step 1: Visit your favorite Salon/DIY
Mine was TRENDS Salon Marikina Heights
Step 2: Part your hair in sections for easy application
Step 3: Apply hair bleach
For those with blonde hair already, you may skip this step.
My trusted hair experts only allowed me to use 6% hair bleach because beyond that such as 12% bleach would be too strong. Leave it for 20-30mins or until you get the desired shade. Be ready for an itchy prickly sensation in your scalp. Also, prepare yourself for a flaky scalp after the treatment. Yes. Beauty is pain.
Step 5: Blow-dry your hair
Step 6: Apply your Light Ash Blonde Hair Color
Leave for 30-45mins then rinse. Practice using conditioner every other day for a softer hair. Bleaching your hair could damage it so much, making it super dry — rubberish when wet, brittle when dry.
Final Look and Verdict
I was really happy with the result. No dreadful orange on it anymore. My hair looks grayish/whitish with a light brown base and is pearlescent. Although quite different from the image on the packaging which is darker grey, my hair lightened just how I wanted it to be. Maybe if I could bleach it again and top it off with another layer of the same color, grey hair could absolutely be achieved. I do also hope it won’t wash away or fade easily.
For the lips, I have been looking for this kind of deep purple shade for ages. I have seen some other brands of this before, but they would cost me Php400-Php900. Knowing myself to be very thrifty, I would not allow myself to spend that amount of money for just a puny lipstick which I will just probably use once in a blue moon. Thus, “accidentally” finding this cheap lip liner in an accessories shop is definitely what I call destiny!
I call this look ‘Wicked’ because it looks like an antagonist’s makeup. That grey hair and dark lips just like Cruella de Vil’s. Fierce but elegant.
I never imagined myself pulling off a light hair shade near to white and a deep purple lip shade together. Perhaps I could consider this as one of my wildest dreams. 💜
Till my next hair and makeup review.